Followers

Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Behind The Scenes Of "Supergod vs The Seeker: Gaia and The Cosmic Seed"





About



This is a behind the scenes look at "Supergod vs The Seeker: Gaia and The Cosmic Seed ".

This will breakdown what tools were used to construct the story, the story construction process, and what inspired the creation of the story in the first place.

AI Tools Used


Stable Diffusion Art Generation: http://avyn.com/

How Was The Story Constructed


The story was created chapter by chapter using Chat GPT.

This is the general framework I use for creating stories using Chat GPT:
"Write a superhero fantasy story based on the following criteria.
Setting:
Main Character:
Antagonist:
Conflict:
Resolution:
Make sure to make the final battle scene suspenseful and explain the strategy used by the winner of the battle."

This framework is incredibly useful for getting the AI to generate a fully written short story based on a particular outline.

I originally wanted to create the entire story with a single outline, but too much needed to happen to tell the full story in a single generation.

This is why I decided to create the story chapter by chapter.

This resulted in me deciding to expand the story even further to better connect each chapter and explore concepts that were otherwise glossed over or simply didn't exist in the original outline.

My Inspiration


I learned about a story line from DC Comics' 2008-2009 "Trinity" series, about how Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman became gods.



I wanted to read the story line for myself, only to quickly realize that said story line was incredibly long and was not the sole focus of the series.

I skipped around a little bit and I believe that I got the gist of what was happening, but I wished that there was a more condensed version of the story that I could easily read in one sitting.

That was my initial goal for this story, but of course that idea continued to evolve as I began working on the story and kept fleshing it out with more details.

The first chapter of the story is somewhat inspired by "JLA/Avengers", as our protagonists seal away The Seeker in the Cosmic Seed just as Krona was sealed away in the Cosmic Egg in "JLA/Avengers".

In the "Trinity" series: Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman aren't fused together into a singular divine being by a magic ring. 

I was actually inspired to fuse my characters into a singular god by DC Comics' 2022 "World's Finest" run, which features Batman and Superman fusing together using the power of Green Lantern's ring.



I wanted to take this concept a step further by having three characters fused by the power of the ring, rather than two.

Technically the fusion from "World's Finest" already has attributes of three characters since the Batman/Superman fusion is wielding a green lantern ring, so throwing another character into the mix essentially leads to a four-way fusion.

This four-way fusion concept is the basis of what Supergod is.

A lot of details about who Night Siren is ended up being left out of the final story, but that character was originally meant to be a Nightwing inspired character who was adopted by Rex and trained by all of the heroes that make up Supergod.

Maybe one day I'll go back and add an additional chapter about Night Siren's past, because she is a very interesting character.

I could even do something similar with Genie Guardian, maybe showing his battle with the demon before he gets possessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts