Followers

Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Can Psycho Mantis (Metal Gear) Hit K.O. (OK K.O.) While He Is In The Gap Between Realities?

Can Psycho Mantis (Metal Gear) Hit K.O. (OK K.O.) While He Is In The Gap Between Realities?



About

This article is not AI generated. In my last blog post, I talked about how K.O. from "OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes!" has the ability to dodge attacks by moving into a space known as the "gap between realities". I call this ability "Interdimensional Dodging". 

I made a post on Reddit about this asking who is the weakest character in fiction who could hit K.O. while he is using his interdimensional dodging technique. One Redditor commented that Psycho Mantis from the "Metal Gear" franchise should be able to hit K.O. while he is using his interdimensional dodging ability. In today's blog post, I am going to use Psycho Mantis' respect thread and my OK K.O. knowledge to try and see if Psycho Mantis could hit K.O. while he is using his interdimensional dodging ability. 

I recommend reading yesterday's blog post first, if you haven't already, to familiarize yourself with OK K.O.'s interdimensional dodging ability.


What Do I Know About Metal Gear Lore?

I have never played through an entire Metal Gear game. I don't know a lot about the franchise's story or scaling. With this in mind, I will be relying heavily on Psycho Mantis' respect thread. 

Respect threads are quick to read posts that compile information on a character's background, combat style, and best feats. Respect threads are commonly used by powerscalers to quickly learn about characters they are less familiar with, so that they can participate in debates featuring said characters.

If you would like to read over Psycho Mantis' respect thread, you can do so by clicking here. I have read through the entire respect thread for Psycho Mantis and I now feel ready to dive into today's discussion.

Reality Transcendent Telekinesis

Psycho Mantis' most relevant feat for the topic at hand involves an ability that I'm calling "Reality Transcendent Telekinesis (RTT)". This ability essentially allows Psycho Mantis to use his telekinesis to manipulate objects that exist in different realities. As far as I'm aware, Psycho Mantis' best RTT feat is moving the player's controller in the real world using his telekinesis.


Can RTT Affect K.O. While He Is Interdimensional Dodging?

I think it is honestly up to debate on whether or not RTT can affect K.O. while he is interdimensional dodging. It really depends on how exactly RTT works. If RTT can only affect things that exist inside of a given reality, then I believe K.O. should be unaffected because while he is interdimensional dodging he doesn't exist in any reality.

If RTT can affect anything outside of Psycho Mantis' reality, whether it is in another reality or not, then I do think Psycho Mantis can hit K.O. with RTT.

Conclusion

In the end, I think it is all up to interpretation whether or not you think RTT can or can't affect K.O. while he is interdimensional dodging. If you enjoyed this blog post, feel free to share it with your friends and follow the blog. If you would like to support the blog, feel free to donate to our Cash App.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts