Followers

Wednesday, February 1, 2023

The Hero Vs Villain Format: Raise The Stakes Of PVP & Make A Difference

The Hero Vs Villain Format: Raise The Stakes Of PVP & Make A Difference


About

This is not an AI generated story written by ChatGPT. This is a blog post about a new game format, that can be applied to any two-player competitive game, that allows for players to become actual heroes and villains.

Hero vs Villain Format

"Hero vs Villain" is a game format used for two-player competitive games, in which one player is assigned the role of "Hero" and the other is assigned the role of "Villain". Both players agree to play a specific number of matches. If the "Hero" wins more matches than the "Villain", then 100 meals (10 dollars) are donated to Feeding America

This means that if the "Hero" wins, a hundred people in the real world benefit from it. This also means that if the "Villain" wins, that no donation is made. This can turn any casual, two-player, competitive game into a high stakes battle between a real hero and villain.


A Test Of The Format

Last night, Jon Mason and I tested out the Hero vs Villain format using Marvel Snap's new "Friendly Battle Mode". We agreed to play three matches and to alternate roles between matches. 

Match One

Hero

I was the hero of match one. I used my "Anti-Meta" deck.


Villain

Jon Mason was the villain of match one. He used his "No One Sees It Coming" deck.


Result

The Hero's Anti-Meta deck didn't have a chance. The Villain won match one.


Match Two

Hero

Jon Mason was the hero of match two. He used the same deck as match one for this match.

Villain

I was the villain of match two. I switched to my "Random" deck for this match.


Result

Once again I was no match for Jon Mason. The name of his deck is indicative of its unpredictability. The Hero wins match two.


Match Three

Hero

I was the Hero of match three. This match would decide everything. I knew that if I lost, that a hundred people in need wouldn't get to benefit.

I decided to step up my game and switch to my "Death's Domain" deck.


Villain

Jon Mason was the Villain of match three, and decided to stick with the tried and true deck that allowed him to win the previous two matches.

Result

How ironic that the Hero wins match three using a deck literally based on Death and destruction. I won the final match and donated 100 meals to the Feeding America charity.


Thoughts On The Format Overall

I think the format is a lot of fun. It definitely added a certain level of tension to the matches and helped to raise the stakes. It made Marvel Snap feel less like a game where you pretend to be a hero or villain, and made it into an experience that helped to benefit a hundred people in need. 

I would recommend this format for anyone who wants to truly feel like they are in a real battle between heroes and villains.


Some Highlights From Other Marvel Snap Matches Against Jon Mason


















 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts